ISPRM is committed to providing access to information and opportunities to develop the skills of healthcare professionals globally through a range of programs, including the commitment to deliver reliable PRM information through our live webinars & interviews.
On November 13th 2021, ISPRM celebrated 22 years since its foundation in 1999.
The Society has been increasingly successful in achieving its mission, both within PRM and through its collaboration with external stakeholders, due to its emergence as the pre-eminent international scientific and educational society for practitioners in the field of PRM and its evolving policy role in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations (UN).
In 2019 we celebrated the 20th anniversary by sharing video messages from the leadership and main contributors within the Society (read more).
In 2020 we launched the 1st edition of the ISPRM International Rehabilitation Week. (View Page)
This year we continue the campaign to take place via live webinars during the week of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (December 3rd) with focus on the topic:
Rehabilitation for Healthy Ageing
Join us for the
ISPRM International Rehabilitation Week 2021
(November 29th - December 3rd).
There is an urgent need to scale up awareness about disability and rehabilitation. Information, education and communication (IEC) initiatives with respect to rehabilitation must be strengthened worldwide especially in low-resource settings where the needs are greatest.
In response to this opportunity, the International Society for Physical Rehabilitative Medicine (ISPRM) seeks to establish a campaign to intensify global awareness on behalf of people living with disabilities worldwide and to showcase the solutions which can be tailored to every resource setting. This initiative is directly in line with the mission of the ISPRM (read more).
An opportunity for residents worldwide to share their thoughts on what ''Healthy Ageing'' means to them with a 2-4 minute video clip. Our team will select a few videos to be played live and others accepted posted on the ISPRM platforms.
Video submission platform: https://www.isprm.org/isprm-intl-rehabilitation-week-residents-videos/
Finding reliable and updated information on residency programs around the world as well as the various PRM sub-specialties can be difficult. Networking has been very limited since the COVID19 pandemic started and we hope to improve and facilitate communication for our members.
Our team will identify sub-specialties and experts to include in the activity to be officially announced at the live event on December 2nd. Participants will be able to give feedback through a poll, and the team will help moderate discussions online via the ISPRM forums and at our upcoming congress in Lisbon!
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are collecting short videos (30 sec - 1min) to be played live during the event and/or promoted afterwards on our platforms.
✅Participation open to anyone: patients, physicians, volunteers, caretakers, family members...
The video message should focus on one of the following:
- Encouragement & Celebration. Example: A patient talks about their recovery or experience with an ageing related condition or disability.
- Awareness & Education. Example: A health professional talks about tips and practices for healthy ageing.
- Advocacy & Sharing. Example: A volunteer or lawmaker talks about the importance of accessibility for all, specially the elderly.
Go to video submission platform: https://www.isprm.org/isprm-intl-rehabilitation-week-audience-engagement/
Our team is preparing a flyer to summarize the topic this year ''Rehabilitation for Healthy Ageing''. The document will contain an introduction to ageing, the field of PRM as well as related health conditions and prevention methods.
The flyer will be disseminated during and after the event days in our networks and a template will be made available for other National PRM Societies to translate into their own language.
The Organizing Committee
The Organizing Committee:
- Abena Tannor (co-chair) - ISPRM Strengthening Rehabilitation in Health Systems committee
- Manoj Poudel (co-chair) – ISPRM World Youth Forum (WYF)
- Aaron Yang - Education Committee
- Alessandro de Sire - ISPRM World Youth Forum (WYF)
- Bhasker Amatya – ISPRM Disaster and Rehabilitation Committee
- Gerold Ebenbichler – ISPRM Clinical Sciences and Research Committee
- Muhammad Tawab Khalil - ISPRM Education Committee + WYF
- Sinforian Kambou - ISPRM ICF Implementation subcommittee + WYF
- Tareq Alkhateeb- ISPRM World Youth Forum (WYF)
- Vanessa Seijas – ISPRM-WHO Liaison Committee
- Yetsa Tuakli-Wosornu- ISPRM Physical Activity for Persons with Disabilities TF
- Rochelle Dy - ISPRM Education Committee, joins as special advisor!
With support from:
ISPRM Office & Membership Services
- Jessyca Idi
- Nicole Carlucci
ISPRM President's Cabinet
- Leonard Li, ISPRM President
- Carolina Schiappacasse, ISPRM Treasurer
- Francesca Gimigliano. ISPRM President-Elect
- Gerard Francisco, Vice-President
- Isabelle Laffont, ISPRM Secretary
- Walter Frontera, Immediate Past-President